Volunteers are an important aspect of the Downey Theatre. Special events, rentals and in-house productions are all a part of the volunteer experience. There are many opportunities to help the Theatre with a variety of events and times All volunteers are required to complete a volunteer application. Each application will be reviewed. The Volunteer Coordinator will be in contact with each applicant. Volunteers are asked to participate in a volunteer Orientation and Training session.
What Do Theatre Volunteers Do?
- Carry out all Downey Theatre policies
- Take tickets
- Hand out programs and other printed materials
- Usher patrons to their correct seats
- Prevent food and drinks from being taken into the auditorium. Bottled water is the only exception.
- Be alert for any disturbance or emergency
- Direct patrons to restrooms
- Perform a light clean up after the show
- Set examples of good theatre etiquette
- Enjoy the benefits of teamwork
- Take the extra step to provide excellent customer service
- Assist as needed with special events
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn all aspects of your position
- Follow instructions from the House and Theatre Managers
- Remember! You are here to serve our patrons needs. If you want to watch a particular performance, you should buy a ticket to ensure you enjoy the entire performance.
Discover the benefits of volunteering. If you are interested in being a part of our volunteer team, or have any questions, please contact the Box Office at (562) 861-8211 or email at email@example.com